Umrah is similar to Hajj but can be performed at any time. To
maximize pilgrimages, believers often perform Umrah during the holy
month of Ramadan.
Unlike Hajj, Umrah rituals are shorter and simpler.
These are the essential steps of Umrah:
• Enter into Ihram (state of purity and devotion) by washing your body and donning Ihram garments.
• Recite the Talbiyah in the miqat station to declare intention to make the pilgrimage.
• Travel to Makkah.
• Enter Al Masjid Al Haram (Holy Mosque) and perform Tawaf – circling the Kaaba seven times in a counterclockwise direction.
• Perform Sa’ay – walking 7 times between the hills of Safa and Marwah beside the Kaaba.
• At the end of Umrah, men exit from Ihram by shaving their head
(taqseer). Completing Umrah for women requires cutting off a short lock